On 29 October 2020 the Forum’s Executive Director asked the CBC under the Access to Information Act for documents concerning the Tandem branding initiative. The CBC subsequently acknowledged receipt of these requests. The CBC today provided information about four of the six requests, as follows:
- written correspondence about Tandem to or from CBC’s senior executives from 1 January 2019 to the present – not yet answered (A-2020-00087)
- the date when the CBC’s Board of Directors was asked to approve the Tandem initiative – no records (A-2020-88)
- the documents provided to the CBC’s Board concerning Tandem since 1 January 2019 – not yet answered (A-2020-89)
- the date when the CBC’s Board approved Tandem – no records (A-2020-90)
- written correspondence between the CBC and the CRTC concerning Tandem – no records (A-2020-00091), and
- written correspondence between the CBC and the Department of Finance concerning Tandem – no records (A-2020-92).